Fouladi Family

Fouladi Family

Monday, April 4, 2011

Dear Cyrus

It is 4 am in the morning. Your sister is keeping me wide awake (I know, crazy, and she's not even born yet! Sheesh!)
So I thought I'd write you a little note :-) I've never done one of these and since I have a few free minutes - now is a perfect time.

You are now 20 months old - getting so old! In 11 days, you will be 21 months old and only 3 months until your 2nd birthday. Are you kidding me?! Time is going by way to fast! I am loving this stage you are in! Too funny! You are hilarious and always the center of attention. Your personality cracks everyone up - not many have seen a 20 month old with as much personality as you have. I love it!!!

We took you to the doc the other day, you were 34 1/2 inches tall, and 32 pounds (having lost a couple pounds because of illness) - my big boy! Most think it's awesome to be so big and tall - but it has it's down points too. You are stronger than you think, so you hurt your friends when you don't mean to. When you run into them, if affect them more than it does you. This makes me so sad because I know for the rest of your toddler years, I'm gonna have to constantly tell you to "be careful" or "be gentle". Of course this will be great when you start sports and you can be on a basketball team and football team ;-)

You are my little genius! Tonight we were eating M&M's and you looked down, pointed out "yellow", "orange" (two words I already knew you knew) and then "blue" - oh, I almost cried. So smart! Who taught you blue?! And here I thought you weren't listening allllll those times I said "blue" ;-) I'm so excited to see how much more you learn and grow in the next few months.

You are going to be a big brother soon. Mommy is super excited about this, but also very scared. I have enjoyed soooooo much being able to spoil you and love on you and our one-on-one times. It's going to be hard to not give you my undivided attention, but I know in the long run, you are going to grow up with a sweet sister and y'all will be the best of pals! You are going to be a great big brother - I'm sure you will toughen her right up! ;-)

I love you so much and daily have to stop myself from eating you up! ;-) You are the cutest little boy that I've ever seen (of course I may be biased about that). While you are stubborn - keep that trait! It will get you far in life, be stubborn - never settle for less, never give up, always fight for what is right & for those you love! You are also very loving and often give random hugs to your friends (you also love the Barney "I love you" song and will proceed to go around the room and hug everyone during that song) - keep it up! Be loving, be kind, be generous, be giving. Sacrifice for those around you, give to the less fortunate, and appreciate all that you have.

My heart is full of happiness - because of you. I love you to pieces and so much more Cyrus.

No comments:

Post a Comment