I started this blog and have forgotten about it. I want to start blogging again. Mainly for myself - seems like a great place to keep myself accountable as I strive to be a better mother, wife, friend, sister, and daughter. Life has many ups and downs - and it helps to be able to share those with others.
So, accountability. Sheesh - that's a big word. I have always struggled with keeping a clean house, and have really been working hard to be better at that. As well as saving money! Ash and I just finished Dave Ramsey - we are on our way to financial freedom - that is something I'd like to share with others, the struggles but also how satisfying it is to save and to get out of debt. Family - I feel like family is and always should be #1, and often times I feel like myself and others forget that. I want to always strive to be the best family member I can be, while keeping my dignity in check.
The first thought coming to my head today is family. You often hear about how family will be there when no one else is. And i firmly believe that - and always have and always will! I find it sad how petty differences and little fights can cause family members to drift so far apart - hurting not only those involved but kids who are indirectly affected, as well as other family members. Recently I have had a dear friend to me, tell me about some medical problems they have been facing. No one knows.
It makes me think of myself and my family - what if one of us were to be extremely sick or in a bad wreck or lose a baby/family member?? Would we then become family again? Why not be family all the time. Loving, caring, kind, respectful. Why do we hate, bicker, argue, ignore, hurt. But then when tragedy hits - OH! Let's be family again. When a baby comes into the picture - Oh! here's family!
Why not be family 24/7?! Why not be there for each other 24/7? Why not lay aside our differences because we ARE family - because deep down, we do in fact LOVE each other, and because despite everything else - we will always, forever be connected to each other. Nothing else matters. I am preaching as much to myself as others. For before we throw the first stone, we are to look in the mirror and evaluate ourselves.
Just been thinking about that. Now don't go getting your panties in a twist - this isn't coming from 1 thing, or 2 things. This is coming from many of my friends also struggling with family and the consistency and love (or lack of) of their families. I just find it to be extremely sad - and something we could all benefit from: loving each other, respecting each other, putting aside differences for the great good of the family and the unity of the family.
So, accountability. :-) This is gonna be a fun journey! To become the best mother, wife, friend, sister, daughter that I can be! With #2 on the way - I have a lot of stress and pressure building up, and I am anxious to take life by the horns and become better :-) (or at least, the best I can be... for that day ;-) ha) Fake it, til you make it :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment