Sleep is so so so important for toddlers and baby and often times I get very upset because I see parents not being respectful of their kid's needs. When you had kids, you SHOULD have made a commitment that their needs come before your wants. Staying out late or making the kid get less than 10-12 hours of sleep (each kid is different) a night is NOT fair to the kid. Being out all day so the kid doesn't nap day in and day out is NOT fair to the kid. Kids are to get 1-3 hours of nap in a day up until the age of about 2 or 3. Some even go until 4. I will talk a lot more about sleep later. The reason I bring it up is because sleep affects soooo much of a child and is soooo important so I have decided to start staying home more. Lulu is a very sensitive sleeper and will wake up at a drop of a dime. Which is funny because I always thought you could train babies to be heavy sleepers - nope! Not this one! I have TRIED... she does NOT sleep if there is noise around. 5 months in and I am accepting her unique sleep needs and giving in! We will be staying on a strict napping schedule for her because her naps are sooo important for her growth and development.
Ok the other thing is activities - I found this one amazing activity on pintrest - so fun! We took baking soda and dumped in a pan
| Walrus HAD to help and yes, Cy still has a paci - that is one battle I am ignoring for now |
We also talked about the colors and what happened if we dropped the red onto a green section - we watched as it changed colors. Cy loved that the most!
We ended up dumping all 3 colors in and watching the bubbles
This was by far the coolest, most easy activity that we have ever done! In fact, he loved it so much, I rinsed out the pan and we did it again just seconds later :-) Also, I used expired, old baking soda - which is a great way to recycle and not just throw it out :-) This is seriously a MUST try for all mama's out there! Clean up was easy, what kid doesn't love bubbles, and this seriously kept Cy entertained for an entire 10 minutes - WOW!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment