The last blog was about my depression and such, and how it's been a hard time for me lately. I don't foresee anything getting easier in the next few years (ha, try 18 years) so what I have been doing is taking control of how I feel. This doesn't always work but I am working on being more positive. A few things that I have been doing
- Doing my hair. I never ever ever do my hair. It is always in a ponytail. Well, with my new hair cut, I love how easy it is to manage. I also purchased some rollers - so I put those in for 10 minutes and DONE! I have hair that looks like I actually care about my appearance (Which I do, I just don't come across as caring most the time - ha).
- Getting dressed. Instead of wearing sweats and PJ's, I have been getting dressed. It is fun too because DH will see me and ask "Where are you going today???", in a very confused way. And I have fun responding: "No where, just around the house" :-)
This is really the first two things that I have been working on right now. I feel like my appearance reflects my family's everything! If I look sloppy - people think my family is. If I look tired, people think my kids are wearing me out. Which they are, but there is no reason to look like poo. My friend, over at Candle in the Night actually posted a while about looking presentable and not making "motherhood" look so blah. I agree we should represent ourselves as up kept and clean. Our body is a temple and we need to take care of it. But I also think that we need to be honest with ourselves and with others about the trials of mothering. Being a mother is very hard and there are many trials - if we aren't honest - the next generation is going to have a "shocking" discovery ;-)
So this is me taking control! I will blog more about some of the other many many changes I am making right now, in order for me to feel better. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment