Fouladi Family

Fouladi Family

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Lulu is 1!!!!

Sweet Lulu Bear turned 1 just a few days ago.  WOW! I cannot believe she is already one.  It seemed like yesterday, I was rushing into the hospital to have her just a short 6 or 7 hours later.  She sure has taught me soooo much! I thought I would give a running list of things my 2nd child has taught me over the course of a year:

1. You tend to baby the 2nd one a bit more, I don't know if it's because she's a girl (probably) or because this time around, I really cherish the time a lot more.  I also thank sweet baby Jayden for teaching me this.  Not a day goes by that I do not look at his picture on my fridge and thank him for teaching me the importance of appreciation.

2. The little things do NOT matter as much as they did the first time.  At Cy's birthday party - I had to be the one to hold him, show him everything, be with him.  Lulu's birthday party - yep, everyone else had her.  It's a different world with 2.  I don't have time to hold her all the time (though, I'm sure many would say I hold her too much... I beg to differ - I wish I could hold her MORE).  I remember obsessing about nap times with Cy.  OMG, it's time to go from 2 naps to 1 nap.  My mom: "Sariah, it's FINE, Cy will get it - you don't have to time his naps"... um, YES I DO, He might DIE if I don't" ;-) Now: Oh, she wants 2 naps... ok... thank goodness for the break.  HA! See? Little things like writing down each time I nursed, counting how many dirty diapers the baby had in 24 hours, watching to make sure EVERY single food group was fed to them each day, covering the floors with blankets so they wouldn't get cold while crawling... yep, they just don't matter as much as they did with my first.

3. The little things annoy me SO much more than they did the first time.  :-) Splashing in the tub.  I would let Cy splash to his little heart's desire.  Now that there's 2... um, you get a splashing war going and it's done.  Your bathroom will be spotless and you will not need a shower at the end of the day.  Eating with your fingers - so cute.  Until you have 2 and they mimic each other.  Oh dear - no!!! 4 hands to clean is just too much.

4. Every single child is different and unique.  Lulu has taught me that above all else. This year has probably been the hardest year of my life so far.  With reflux, sensitive sleeper, fussy all the time, and very needy - she's given me a run for my money.  It's been hard but it's taught me that what worked with Cy - does not work with her.  Great, now I have TWO kids to figure out.  Seriously - WHERE are those owner manuals for each kid????? Anyone writing one for my kids yet? I'll pay you serious cash if so!

5. Sleep is overrated and will never come again.  With Lulu still up every 3-4 hours (now it's teething - yikes) - I have come to terms with the fact that I will never again get a straight 5 hours of sleep a night... let alone 8 hours.

6. Through it all, your love for your child grows with each day that passes.  Milestones are still so important.  The term "my heart is melting" never made more sense than it did as I stood above my children, watching them kiss each other.  WOW.  The love, the affection.  Each day - it grows.  I love my sweet baby girl!

This journey that I am on as a mother.  It's soooo hard.  It's exhausting.  There is a lack of appreciation, a lack of sleep, a lack of acknowledgement.  But there is an abundance of love, overflowing sense of pride, and bubbling over joy that comes from my children.  I am learning more and more every day.  While that scares me, because I'm becoming my mom (YIKES!) and never thought I'd "understand" moms because they were all so psycho and crazy and had annoying, loud, dirty kids.... I do.  I get it now and I am so thankful that I do.  :-) **For those youngsters reading this, I know what you are thinking... and I can't wait to hear from you in 15 years to tell me that I, just as my mother is now, was RIGHT!

Lulu, I love you sweet angel.  You are amazing and wonderful and your personality just gets me every time! Happy 1st birthday sweet baby!



3 comments:

  1. Isn't it all so worth it? I enjoyed reading your post! Happy birthday to both of your babies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is absolutely precious!!! What a joy and a real blessing!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY little Lulu!!! Auntee Joi loves you!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy late birthday Lulu! I can't believe your kids are growing so quickly! I mean I can, lol, but it's crazy how quick they grow! Love reading your posts and being able to feel like you're not so far away! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete