To hear the voice of God
And do His will, whatever it is
For now and all the days He gives
I am here, I am here and I am His
For such a time as this
Through this journey with Darius - I have been shown time and time again that this trial, while hard and sometimes near unbearable, is to bring God glory. Is to bring me to rooms, in contact with people, and in situations that I can pray and share my faith to others. For such a time as this - I am here to do HIS will.
Many are asking for updates and while I could update on FB - I think updating here would be better and I can give more detail here. I never knew how HARD bed rest or NICU was for moms. Never. I never even had an idea. I could "guess" and try to empathize. Now that I am in the midst of this - I see that I had NO idea what moms, kids, and families went through with bed rest and NICU. I pray that my blog will also help those who have never been in either of these situations to be able to understand more, to be able to empathize more. So I will try and be honest and open - NOT for anyone to "feel sorry for me" or feel like they need to do something. But because I have felt led to share my story for others to understand this journey.
Ok so for a quick update:
Darius is doing well. He has lost 40-50 grams today alone because of the fact that he isn't eating :-/ He is now below his birth weight. That hit hard since it took us 17 days to get his birth weight back. But it's for the best so we'll take it at stride. We are stopping feeds to give his belly a rest from the CPAP air. Other than that - he is doing great. There are so many babies born at 25.6 weeks have more serious problems. I am so thankful to God that He has helped Darius and given Ashkan and I strength for this.
More to come when it's not 2 am and I am falling asleep :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment