Ash went back to work today - SOOO I was home alone with 2 kids :-) I have had some "practice", since he went back to work last week for a day, so I was not as nervous about the new adventure that was staring me right in the face as I woke up this morning. But I just must say - it went so well!!!
I have a very well-thought out schedule that I wrote down, it tells me what I can do with Cy throughout the day, so I am not as a "loss" for ideas and so we don't have a lot of dead space. With a new baby, I want to be able to capitalize on his time as much as possible when Lulu is sleeping. So this helps. I also planned all of her feedings during 1) Breakfast 2) Lunch 3) Nap :-) So Cy is never left just wandering around - I feed her while Cy is sitting and eating his lunch/breakfast/dinner - it works soooo well! I'm in love with the 3 hour feedings because they are just perfect for what I need to do with Cy :-)
Cy did very well with sisa and played well with himself when I was "preoccupied" with Miss Priss :-) He was a lot more clingy but we managed it well. He also fussed a lot more but nothing a couple minutes in time-out didn't take care of ;-)
Now now now - before you said "this is ridiculous - having 2 is harder than that and she has NO idea yet" - I did have some very interesting moments in my day. I am seeing that life with 2 is going to be a lot more hectic - talk about not being able to sit down for longer than a few minutes without doing something with someone (Which, I love, by the way! I love being busy all the time and this is just what I needed!!! I didn't have 1 dull moment today!) :-)
1) Cy took off his diaper and peed in his bed. ALL OVER. Yep - after cleaning him, taking off bedding, throwing in wash, cleaning bed, and changing Cy - he refused his diaper. So I let him walk around for a few.
2) Cy asked for diaper, I ran to get one but didn't get to him fast enough - so he peed ALL over my dining room tile. Oh great! So after cleaning that up, cleaning him up, and his toy - I got a diaper on him. Needless to say - POTTY TRAINING will start next week!!!!
3) Cy took his truck out for a walk with Lulu and I. He proceeded to roll over some dog doodoo (ugh!!!!!) and got it all over his truck tire. By the time we got home, it was all up and down his legs and his truck was a mess. GREAT! So we took a long shower, then a bath, cleaned his truck, and got everything back to normal.
-- 1, 2, & 3 are not as easy to deal with when you have a hungry newborn waiting for you ;-)
But all in all - the day went great! I am loving being a SAHM, I am loving the craziness of it all and how busy I am throughout the day. It is forcing me to keep life simple, clean as I go (my house has never been cleaner) and capture those small moments of love from the kids b/c a second later - the other one needs you ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment