Yesterday was my birthday... I know, I know - Happy Birthday to me ;-) I turned 25. When looking at that number, I wanted a big celebration - 25 is a big deal in my head. Or so I thought. Then the day came, not much went on - went to some great playdates, a couple of my friends took time to get me a cheesecake and sing to me, and my dear husband came home with gifts and cupcakes from Crave Cupcake (whoo!!!!!). But no big party or big celebration. And I was ok with that. I was content during the day and felt extremely blessed throughout the day as I looked back at my life and what I have accomplished in these 25 years.
For starters - I have a wonderful Husband, we will be married for 5 years in August! Can you believe that?! I cannot believe it! Together for 7 years - and I love him more today than I did 7 years ago! I have an education - something I've always wanted. While I have not used it yet, I love that I have it to fall back on, if I ever need it. I have 2 beautiful, wonderful children! This is the most mind-blowing part for me! I cannot believe I have 2 kids! :-) A perfect, smart, hilarious, strong-personality Boy who is 2 (as of this month) and a sweet, precious, black-haired beauty who is 3 weeks (as of 2 days ago) :-) Just perfect!!! So when looking at all that, who can be sad or "let down" by a low-key day? It was a great day because I got to spend it with my children and some friends and my hubby.
I've also learned a ton in the last year. Ash and I have been through our share of pain, hard times, difficulties, and sadness. But through it all, we have always learned from it and came out stronger at the end. This year was no different.
We started to do Dave Ramsey - the cash system is awesome, if you are looking for something to help get your finances in order! I was pregnant all year and learned that some pregnancies are just horrible ;-) Cy's was amazing but Lulu's was so hard and I was an emotional wreck through most of it.
Through the last year I have really been able to identify and come up with a definition of a friend. They are super hard to come by, but also very very needed. And those who stick by you - deserve to be treasured!
I have learned that being a mom isn't about how CLEAN your house is, but how LOVED your child is! If anyone wants to come critique my cleaning - you'd be here ALL day, I'm not the most perfect house-keeper. But if anyone wants to come see my children, I take pride in the fact that they are loved and well cared for. Something I'd take any day over cleaning (hey, maybe this year I can try and get a better balance of the two ;-) ... maybe).
I have learned the value of family. But I have also learned that you cannot count on all of them. I have learned that I need to let the small things go. Some people you cannot change and should not try to change. I also hold on to hurt and sadness, especially when it's family who will not see me or my children. Or family who does not show my children love (that is a killer)! But at the end of the day - I can only show love to my family - extended and immediate. I cannot demand love from them. This has been a hard one but has also helped me to have more peace in my heart.
I have also learned just recently to steer clear of drama, for it never brings ANYTHING positive to life!
This year coming up, I still have a laundry list of "problems" with myself ;-) I want to strive to continue to be better - to be a wife that my husband is proud of, a mother my children can love, a daughter/sister my family wants to be around, a friend that people want, and a Christian that shows in and out.
Love without holding back, Give without expecting anything in return, stand up for my morals and values but don't push them on others, forgive quickly, fix arguments/fights within a blink of an eye, focus on the positive and throw away the bad, MAKE everyday a great day, build a strong relationship with God, raise Godly children, and through the whole year - HAVE FUN!!! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment