Tonight we celebrated Cy's 2nd birthday. I cannot cannot believe he is 2 already! Time has gone by sooo fast!!! This last year has been crazy and fun! The most fun I've had, in fact. I absolutely LOVE the toddler stage - how they can talk with you, communicate, laugh, run around, play, do crafts, bake with you, and imagine things. It's wonderful! It's so interactive and fun! And with each day, more learning is seen - he picks up on words on a daily basis, and stuns me with his smarts (I have one smart cookie) ;-)
We went through pregnancy this last year, Cy was 15 months old when we got pregnant. The pregnancy was very hard on me and I was sick constantly but Cy kept me going and active - which was a huge blessing. Cy also became a big brother just 9 days ago - so while he is still adjusting, he is showing excitement towards his sissy and everything she does :-) Big year for us - it's been wonderful!
Cy had a couple friends over tonight, we kept it small. My mom always had a policy that the number of years you are turning is the number of kids you invite. So, I tried to stick with that in a way - mostly due to our apartment and the size of it... I wouldn't have been able to invite all my dear dear friends. So we stuck with 4 friends that have been closest to Cy. It was a full house! But so much fun! The theme was Cars, and we had a wall mural of the main characters :-) Cy had a blast and we had a great time watching him. I am so overwhelmed with the love I feel for my son. He is wonderful and adorable :-) I cannot wait to see what the next year brings us!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment