Fouladi Family

Fouladi Family

Monday, November 7, 2011

4 months & Counting

We took sweet Lulu to her 4 month check-up today.  I love love love my doctor - she is amazing and soooo caring.  I just had to say that :-) She makes me feel so much better about Lulu's reflux and her sleeping and eating and everything.  It's a huge blessing to have such an amazing doctor for the kids! Ok now on to Lulu and her progress

Baby girl, the doctor went down the list of "accomplishments" that you should be almost hitting or hitting - you have already surpassed all of them:
- You laugh at mama all the time - I absolutely love love love it! you haven't shown anyone else and will only laugh when we are alone in the room.  I am loving the one-on-one feeling that gives me though ;-)
- You smile ALL the time! Even when refluxing and feeling horrible - you will flash a smile.  It helps soooo much when mama is feeling overwhelmed at all the crying.  Gives me a boost to keep my cool and keep going :-)
- You roll over from back to tummy every time you are on your back - it's too funny.  Now if you could just learn to go from tummy to back so you don't get upset.  Cy loves flipping you back over though - ha! But I do not because it scares you and you start crying.  He's just being "helpful" you know ;-)
- You are the worst sleeper.  Cy slept ALL the time and absolutely anywhere but you - after 15 minutes, you wake up most of the time.  We have good days where you will sleep for an hour stretch but most of the time - I am lucky to get 20 minutes of baby down time before you wake again.  And you are waking every hour to 2 hours at night - screaming and in pain.  We have tried everything and at this point - I'm just going to comfort you, love you, and pray for you.  I know it will all clear up... in the meantime - mama will just be exhausted
- You talk non-stop and will get loud just to get me to make eye contact with you
- Cy is starting to warm up to you (FINALLY!) and will copy mama when I'm playing with you.  Talk about making my heart melt! Love my 2 babies!
- You are in 6-12 month clothes.  You don't fill them out but you are tall in the torso so 3-6 month onesies don't snap.  BUT 3-6 month pants fit perfectly because you have shorter legs :-)
- You weighed 16 pounds today.  Not quite double your birth weight, I think the reflux has slowed down your eating and you actually lost a pound in the last couple months but the doctor said that you are perfect and now proportionate to your height at 25 1/2 inches
- Mama and Dada love you so much and you are definitely daddy's girl! You will find him in a room and stare at him until he smiles at you - then you give him the BIGGEST smile you can, and I can just see his heart melting for his princess.  Sweetest.  Thing.  EVER. 

We love you lots baby girl! Happy 4 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment