With this movement going on throughout facebook about thankfulness - I've loved reading what everyone is thankful for but was never moved to do it myself. Then the other day, I read a status reading something like this: "You are thankful but are you thankful to GOD"... it got me thinking. This movement has made all of us post what we are thankful for ... because I know we are all thankful for our blessings but in the moment we typed up our thankful thoughts - did we also say a heart-felt thanks to the ONE who gave us those moments/possessions/people in our lives?
I Corinthians 10:26
"The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it."
At church on Sunday, the preacher talked about money and how money can ruin marriages. How money is the root of all evilness and how we are to ask GOD (who actually OWNS our money) what to do with it. And he quoted this Scripture verse. So this verse has been on my heart today. Everything we have belongs to the Lord. So while I can be thankful 1,000 times over, I really need to be thankful to the Lord. I need to be telling my thanks to HIM... while witnessing to others of how He has blessed me. So this Thanksgiving - let's not forget to thank the ONE who gave us all our blessing and take a moment to really, truly, heart-felt and passionately thank HIM.
No comments:
Post a Comment