Recent events have really got me thinking about friendship and time and family. NOW - this is NOT necessarily about my family - but just various events I've been watching unfold...
1. If something or someone is important to you - chances are, you make time for them... no matter what! I was talking to some friends who were saying it's hard to make friends now days with families and such because everyone is so busy. But I disagree. I don't think everyone is "so busy", I just think they do not want to find the time to see you or be your friend or go to your events or support you. I always try and prioritize and there has been times when I had NO time for anything but was still able to go to the hospital and hold a baby while the mama had surgery or go to a shower 1 1/2 hours away... because I found the time. Time is what we make of it. If something or someone is important to you - you make time for them... no matter what!
2. Family is all you have at the end! Do not burn bridges, do not spend your time hating on people or being mad. Because time passes too quickly and things are missed and feelings are hurt. Say your peace and move on. Be there for each other - forever and always. Understand. It's easy to get caught up in our own lives that we forget that our mom/brother/sister/dad/cousin/aunt/grandma also has a life and while we are at different places or in different chapters of our lives - we need to be loving, kind, caring, empathetic, and genuine - and understand. Support each other as much as possible. Hug! Find time to chat at least 1x a month to say hello. Because at the end, while you might have friends - when someone in your family passes away, you will not be sitting at their funeral going "I'm glad I was so mean to her or never tried to understand her or missed that stupid event of hers or missed out on so much of her life"... chances are, you will be sitting there, sobbing: "I wish soooo bad for just 5 more minutes with her". So be good to your family. Love your family. Be there for your family.
Now with that being said - I am going to be working on that myself! I love my mom, my sister and my brothers to pieces! It's high time I start showing it... unconditionally.
I wholeheartedly agree.
ReplyDelete