1. Steve Jobs passed away yesterday and I felt a sadness in my heart for the world losing such an amazing inventor, business man, and family man. It is truly sad. He went way too soon and yet, I am so moved and touched by his dedication to bettering everything he set his mind to. How many men would co-found a company, get fired, and yet still invent something amazing (Pixar)?! What resilience! Then to come BACK to the company that fired you and make history there too? WOW! I cannot help but wonder what he would have created next, had he not passed and I can only hope that his death has stirred up fire within each of us to live to our potential and do what we can every day to make a difference in the world and in the lives of those who are in our life.
2. Cy is sick today :-( I think the last time he got sick was over a year ago. He has a very strong immune system but all kids get sick at some point. I'm very sad for him - he is miserable. I am also praying for my sweet baby girl so she doesn't get sick too. That would be bad since she can't take any medicine and already has reflux to deal with. So we are home bound until this nastiness goes away. On a positive note, I could totally get used to cuddling on the couch and watching movies ;-)
3. BABY LULU is 3 months old today!!!!!! I left this for last because it is what I am soooooo excited for! I cannot believe my sweet mumpkin is already 3 months old! She has been such a blessing to us and changes my life daily. Baby girl, you are so special to us and we love you more than you will ever know! You are still refluxing daily and had a HORRIBLE day yesterday - from 5 pm until about 10 pm you were crying almost non-stop. I feel soooo bad for you when you cry and I see those tears coming down your cheeks. If I could take away the pain - I really really would!
Despite your daily pains with reflux - you are the most happiest baby! You smile constantly at Daddy and Mama. It is heart-warming! Cy smiled a lot too - I think we just make really happy babies (hehe). You especially like to stare at Big Brother and smile at him... though, he is still warming up to you. I know it'll come at it's own time and then he will love playing with you all the time! He does worry about you though when you are not around and when you cry - he tells everyone so we can get you, it's very sweet. He definitely loves you.
You also coo ALLLLL the time! You talk at every chance you get. Must get that from your mama. I love listening to you!! Cy never coo'ed so this is a new and extremely fun stage for me! :-) You are a little sensitive - you get diaper rash easily, you are allergic to Huggies, you do not like tummy time, you like to be held (reflux), you do not like to stand on your feet, and cry at loud noises. You also got a fever at your first set of shots and I only gave you 2 of the 4 that were needed... so I know to be super careful with shots for now on so you don't get fevers anymore.
You are still waking at night, at least 2 times and sometimes 3. I tried to wean you off the other night but you cried every 10 minutes for 2 hours until I finally gave in and fed you. Little chubby monkey ;-) I weighed you last night and you weigh a healthy 17 pounds! You are wearing 3-6 month clothes and some of your 3 month clothes don't fit your torso so you are in 6 month onesies already. I love you to pieces my sweet baby girl! You are my world!
| Not the best picture but it's one of the only ones I've downloaded lately... I think today I'll be taking a bunch of 3 month pics of you ;-) |
No comments:
Post a Comment