I am going off the 31 days of praying for a husband because I cannot find my hand-out right now, am too lazy to look up online, and feel lead to pray for my DH and his role as a father today. So here I go! ;-)
Today I am praying for DH as a father. Many dads feel a huge load to provide for their family financially, while the women provide emotionally. I pray today that DH can have the courage to CONTINUE (He does a great job) to provide emotional support to his children. To raise sensitive, caring, kind children. For how he raises these children is going to affect them for the rest of their lives. Lulu will, more than likely, marry someone just like her father. Thus, it is crucial for DH to show her what a real man, a real father, a real husband IS. Cy will mimick DH in every way possible (Don't marry a man, unless you would be proud to have a son just like him). So today, I am praying for DH as a father to Lu and Cy. For God to guide him and give him wisdom in how to raise our children. To give him insight on how to discipline Cy during his "fun" terrible 2's stage.
Day 1: Spiritual Guidance, Desire to grow closer to God
Day 2: Guidance as a Father - emotionally
In other news - we are signing another year lease and staying where we are. I am both excited to have a year to get out of debt so we can get a house but also sad. The next year feels heavy on my shoulders. It's not easy having 2 kids in a small apartment with no backyard. Give me a backyard and you can easily take 200-400 sqft away! Ha. But here's to the next year: sacrificing NOW so we can give the kids a better life. I forsee many trips to the park in the next year ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment