A few things before I dive into this 31 days business :-)
- I was studying my Bible the other day, and looked up "Wife" (I read on Internet so I can look up certain topics that are speaking to me sometimes) and began reading. I ran across Proverbs 21:9, that says 9 "Better to live on a corner of the roof
than share a house with a quarrelsome wife. "
This spoke to me a great deal! Many times DH says that I "Nag" and at that - I roll my eyes. It's not nagging! It's simply me making sure you do everything the way I want them done! It's not nagging - I'm ensuring that you remember at least 20 times in 5 minutes what I need done. Yes, you've been there - go ahead and give that head a little nod! ;-) It's not nagging - I just didn't think you heard me, so I made sure to say it 3 more times. This verse made me realize how much nagging can affect a man. And when I'm in a bad mood and just looking to pick a fight - wow, DH would probably rather live on a corner of the roof - OUTSIDE - than share the room with me :-( Ok - time for a change! So I am in the process of nagging less, being less quarrelsome and more loving. I want my husband to come home and WANT to come home. I want my husband to WANT to spend his days off with me.
- My husband. He is such a great man! We all have our faults - and he has is, as I have mine. But this week has been a very very very hard week with Cy's attitude, a baby girl who is literally waking EVERY hour, and soooo much lack of sleep I have had a constant migraine for the last 3 days. But for the last 3 mornings - my DH has gotten up to be with Cy (you know because when you are running on 3 hours of sleep - getting out of the bed seems like an impossible task) and has made breakfast for all of us! How sweet! I am so blessed!
- Ok, now that I have pinpointed what area I really need to work on (especially when going on 3 hours of sleep a night for the last 4 nights) and how great DH has been as a help with the kiddos this week - I am going to dive right into a 31 days of praying for your husband thing-a-ma-jig ;-)
I believe as women of the house, we are to pray for our husbands. We are to pray for our families too but I think we have a great responsibility to pray for our husbands. They are the ones who are to LEAD the family. Sorry if you have a modern look on marriage - but I firmly believe what the Bible teaches about this, that HUSBANDS (not wives and husbands) are the head of the household and wives are to be submissive and husbands are to love us as they love themselves. As the leader of the house - DH needs a lot of guidance, strength, patience, love, support in this HUGE task that he has (Proverbs 31:11-12)! So for the next 31 days, I will be praying for him. I encourage you to pray for your Husband too! Let's see how God can use us, as wives, to move in our husbands lives this coming 31 days! :-)
You can find the article here!
DAY ONE: Pray that your husband will grow spiritually and consider his accountability before the Lord. Pray that he will guard his heart by developing spiritual disciplines - Bible reading and study, prayer, meditation, scripture memorization, church-going, ect (2 Peter 3:18; Prov 4:23)
Lord, I ask at this time that You would bless my husband, bless all that He does for this family, bless his hard work and long hours, his time at school and studying. Lord, I ask that You would touch him at this moment, touch his heart, and help him to see You in everything that he does. Please help him to guard his heart from the world, from things that would corrupt it, and help him to develop habits that will grow him closer to You. Give him that desire and want to be closer to You and lead him in that. Amen.
This is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing. And girl...the sleep deprivation is intense. It can just make you crazy right there. Please let me know if I can take the kids. Or maybe, even better, you can come and nap in our guest room while I watch the kids downstairs? Please take me up on it!!
ReplyDelete