1st off - I woke up today, absolutely exhausted. Cy has been waking up in the early early mornings and with Lulu still waking every 3-4 hours (She want 6 hours last night - yay!), It gets me tired. DH has been working over a week straight and tomorrow has school all day - so it leaves for a lot of mama & kids alone time. I was slightly crabby (I'm sure DH would kindly say that it was more than "slightly") this morning. Cy was already fussy and exhausted from his "fun adventure 6 am morning" and I was not looking forward to the day with a fuss bucket. Well, DH left and I sat there and thought: "WOW! How lucky am I to be able to have my fuss bucket home with me today. I get to experience his moods, and hug his blues away. I get to tuck him in for nap and take him shopping with me - letting him experience the world WITH me. While at times this is the HARDEST job that I have ever had - it's also the BEST job! I would not change it for the world! I am so lucky to be sitting here, listening to him scream because soon he'll also be learning something new and I'll be the one to teach him!" I made this possible, DH made this possible. DH works extremely hard and I know, if ever needed - would get 2 jobs just so I could stay home with the kids! And I make it possible with him but sacrificing SO much - shopping for clothes, new shoes, extreme budgets for food, gas, outings, vacations (ha those have become non-existent), concerts, sporting events, movies, cable, fast Internet (ha!), smart phones... ya, the list goes on. We've cut down on a TON of things but it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO worth it to be able to stay home with the kids! I am so blessed!... Exhausted, but blessed!
Anyway, Just a normal day at the grocery store:
- Crying reflux baby - CHECK
- Baby in wrap, trying to get out with head hanging out - CHECK
- Picking the ONE broken cart that pulls to the left and takes ALL my energy/strength & 2 hands to keep it straight - CHECK
- Hungry boy wanting every item I put in the cart - CHECK
- SCREAMING boy, begging for every item - CHECK
- Baby blow-out all over my shirt and wrap - CHECK CHECK
- Toddler needing to use the bathroom in the middle of grocery shopping - CHECK
- A broken egg in the carton dripping all over my feet and jeans - CHECK
- People in the aisles (that do NOT understand how hard it is to push a broken cart with a huge toddler, while looking at the grocery list and holding a screaming baby in a wrap) getting in my way every 2 seconds - CHECK
- Getting all done with shopping and being exhausted... only to find that you forgot the ONE main ingredient for all the dishes of the week and it's on the other end of the store - CHECK
- Finding 3 items in the cart that I did NOT place there (CYCY!!!) upon checking out - CHECK
- Carrying 15 bags, baby carrier, and holding the hand of a toddler who is lollygagging into the apartment quickly before you drop all 15 bags & baby carrier ON the toddler - CHECK
Yep! Just a normal day grocery shopping :-)
 |
| Yes, I know - she's the cutest little goober EVER! ;-) |
oh my gosh!!! she is getting so big and already has SO much personality in that little adorable face! and not to mention looks so much like her beautiful momma!!
ReplyDelete