Fouladi Family

Fouladi Family

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Praise God in the Storm

I should be mopping (you'll understand why soon enough) or doing dishes, cuddling baby girl, cleaning bathrooms, or simply folding the surprise load I found in the dryer that I had TOTALLY forgotten about! But I have stepped away from my "work" to blog.  It's been a very interesting day and I just had to blog.  It's funny - while I am sitting here, I am not upset or angry (you'll see why in a little bit) - but I am so thankful to God.  I am praising HIM, in the storm.

I had wonderful MOPS this morning.  If you are a mom - you need to find a MOPS - it is simply a life-saver! I love that I can be apart of a group of women, who half the time I don't even talk to (I don't talk to ALL of them, just my table and I have time for a few others before leaving) but even without talking, being in a ROOM full of moms who are all going through the same things - it's encouraging! It gives me that "push" to get through the next 2 weeks of toddler-craze! :-) Well our speaker today told a story about when her son was 2 (who was hard-headed, strong-willed) and she had a new baby.  She placed him to sleep and he fought it but soon to be quiet and she thought "oh! He went to sleep! Yay!!!" only to find out he had poo'ed all over his crib and painted with it.  When listening to this story, at first my eyes filled with tears - because oh goodness - if that happens to me, after the month I've had... I will cry.  Then I started looking around the room - WHERE is Cy... is he listening?!??! (He was in nursery but still, can never be too careful with that one!).  She talked about her anger, her frustration, how she just wanted to hurt him.  How she went into the closet, prayed, took some breaths, and came out to tackle the job.

WELL.... I was very uplifted by this story - YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not the ONLY one with a strong-willed child! Cy had a great time at MOPS, crafts, lunch, friends - he was happy.  Got home.  Nap time! He would not poo in toilet so I kept his undies off, because this makes him tell me when he needs to use the toilet.  Tucked in. Easy.  Feed baby.  Quiet in the house.  Rock baby girl.  See little innocent boy peeping around the corner.  Walk him back to room.  Smell something horrible.  Open door.  Poo is EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cy looks up and says: "Mama, Cycy Poopoo"... yep, ya sure did.  Stood.  Stared.  Breathed through mouth.  Walked away. Gained composure and threw Cy in the shower.

Clean up! The boy has it on his face, bottom of feet, all in his hands, legs... yep - fun stuff.  I then sit him on the toilet and go to his room to assess the "damage".  Carpet is covered in Poo.  Bedding is covered in poo.  Big Gorilla got fed a LOT of poo.  Let's not forget headboard :-) I think the most infuriating thing about this situation is the smell.  If it smelled like roses - DONE DEAL! I could easily clean it up without gagging every 2 seconds... but it doesn't. 

Praise God in the storm.  As I bend down and scrub the carpet - I am praising God.  I firmly believe he had the speaker talk today - TO ME.  If I hadn't just heard that story hours before, I would have lost it on Cy.  She said something that hit home - how she didn't mean to yell at her son and make him feel this *fingers with just a sliver gap between each other* small.  It hit me hard.  When I yell at him - I make him feel small.  I never want to do that.  Hearing that story - gave me strength.  Gave me perspective.  Praise God that I went to MOPS and had a story just like one that I would soon have to share, myself.  I was able to calmly clean up the mess.  Calmly punish Cy.  Calmly and peacefully.  Praise God! For while there is a storm around me and things are whirling around - PRAISE GOD for giving me the message exactly when I needed it! I now understand more about praising God... in the storm.

Now, I just need to make sure to
1) Inspect Cy's room at church for any listening devices that he might be using to hear of "ideas"
2) Make sure no other speaker tells stories that might, could, probably will, happen to me :-)

Are they not the most adorable father/son combo EVER?! Love these 2 to pieces!!!! Oh and Cy is feeling Ash's head - I think he gets that from me.  Ash thought it was hilarious :-)

2 comments:

  1. Speaker must have been my mom. Kevin totally did that. EEEK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for MOPS and the way He knows what we need before we know ourselves!

    ReplyDelete