Fouladi Family

Fouladi Family

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

What do you do ALL day?!

"You are a stay-at-home-mom?!??! What do you do all day?" ... "You stay at home... and what? Just sit around?" Yes, I have had both of these asked of me quite a few times since beginning my journey of staying home ;-) It's hard to keep your head up at times as a SAHM when asked this in such a negative way from people.  SO, to let all know just how much I sit around - I would like to share what an average "sitting around" day at the Fouladi household looks like with a 2 year old and a 2 month old :-)

Let me start off by saying - My kids are genius and my house is a "magic" house.  I had the fairy godmother come in and make all my cleaning tools come to life! It has been a lifesaver!! I woke this morning... aw, who am I kidding - I don't "wake" to the morning anymore since I'm up on average every 2-3 hours anyway so technically, I never really "went to bed" ha.  Anyway, my day starts at 8 am to my sweet and amazing Lulu, at just a mere 2 months, walking over to eat.  She was able to nurse herself while I sat and chilled, unfazed by anything.  When I got up from that, to my expectations, my 2 year old had successfully pee'd and poo'd in the potty - BY HIMSELF, no assistance needed to get undressed, up on the toilet, wiped or down from toilet or redressed.  Yes - amazing, I know (This is something he does every 2 hours all day long! No help is needed at his 7-10 bathroom breaks lol)! He then proceeded to tell me "Mama, Cycy make breakfast for YOU - go sit around and wait" ;-) He made french toast with a berry sauce all the while holding his sister and rocking her the entire time and telling me to NOT break the blinds or to stop pulling the dogs tail.  WOW! He must have eyes in the back of his head! Breakfast made, I PRY myself off the couch, meander on over to the table and the food just pops onto my plate and Cy's.  Guess what?! They are already cut, dressed with berries, drinks prepared, silverware out, EVERYTHING! I eat while Cy feeds himself AND picks up his own droppings of food off the floor. 

We head to the park... BUT don't worry - I just "sat around" the entire time while Cy carried Lulu for me and fed her a bottle.  I sat around while Cy got out the lunch he had made himself and fed himself.  And when he fell and skinned his knee... no worries! I just sat there and let another stranger kiss his boo boo... My favorite part is how the kids got themselves packed up and in the car - stroller tucked away, seat belts on, and car started all on their own! It was a relief because that, if done by a mama, could be a very stressful series of events each and every trip taken... but since they do it all on their own - yay! Good thing because running 2 or 3 errands every day with them could get tiring if they didn't do it on their own! :-)

Nap time - EASY! The books open themselves and read to Cy, while he tickles his own back and a recording sings him a couple songs... all the while, Lulu is feeding herself and changing her own diaper (3rd one today).  Then when I walk out of his room - to my amusement, the vacuum is going off and cleaning the floor, the broom is focusing on the tile floors, and the sink is doing the dishes for me.  I proceed to sit and do nothing.  Then, I guess out of boredom, the mop gets out and mops the entire floor - TWICE! Because someone did finger paints the day before and painted more of the tile than the paper!
I find 4 loads of laundry already folded by Cinderella on my bed, bathrooms have been picked-up and clothes hung.  Lulu put herself to sleep after feeding herself - AGAIN and changing yet another one of her own diapers.  And all the while, I'm just sitting here - watching. 

Of course we can all infer what happens next - afternoon activity done all by Cy, I mean, who needs an adult to make slime for you or to pick up after it? Dinner made on its own and picked up after.  Kids fed, changed, bathed, lotioned up, ears cleaned, nails trimmed, books read, songs sang, kids tucked in - and all the while, I was sitting on my tushy on the couch! I KNOW! AMAZING! And at 11 pm, 2 am, 5 am, and 8 am - Lulu feeds herself, changes herself, and rocks herself back to sleep.  AWESOME!

Yes, by all means - I just sit around as a SAHM and do nothing.  :-) What about you?

2 comments:

  1. OMG i seriously just laughed for like 10 minutes. I LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed a little too loud reading this lol. Thanks for giving my day a good start. Now to go find myself a magical house...ha! ;-)

    ReplyDelete