Fouladi Family

Fouladi Family

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Lightbulb Moment!

I was talking to my friend, Whitney, about some puzzles we have that do not have a background to the puzzle - so for a 2 year old... and for me, for that matter, it is near impossible to put the puzzle together. there is nothing to guide us where to put each car. Well, today, I found myself once again putting that silly puzzle together and thinking: "Cy is getting NOTHING out of this... educational-wise... he was having a great time because they were cars". When it dawned on me - Write the numbers from each car onto the background of the board. :-)



Here is a picture of what I'm talking about. I just took a permanent marker and wrote on the background with each cars number. This is sooooo wonderful now! I am able to tell Cy to look at the car and tell me the number on each door and find the number on the puzzle! It works perfectly! He has fun, and gets to learn his numbers. Another idea would be to color the background to each car's color - and have them match that :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment