Fouladi Family

Fouladi Family

Saturday, August 27, 2011

This week

This week has sure been fun, interesting, tiring, exhausting, exciting - all at the same time.

My dear dear friend, Sami, came to visit. She is living in Dubai and I maybe see her every 3 years :-) So she came into town and we spent a few days together. It was so great to see her! Made me see how lucky I am to have true friends who are there NO MATTER WHAT and forever! I have some great friends who I can call up, see, write, or facebook and we pick up right where we left off. Jessi, Sami, Katie, Charlotte, Laurie.... I love you all so very very much and know that I can always and forever depend on y'all! Thank you!

Anyway - so we went shopping, to a baby shower, and the most exciting thing to me - CHURCH! It was my first time since Lulu was born to go. I was very nervous since she has reflux and is sometimes fussy after eating - I didn't want my first time going back to be alone. I could just imagine it being a catastrophe :-) (I think that'll come tomorrow when I really am alone). So it was great to have her go with me! It was just all in all a WONDERFUL visit! I am making room for her now so she can come and live with me and stay forever ;-)




Another fun thing that happened this week - Cy fell ... climbed (ha!) head first out of his crib. My sister was here, visiting, and it was right then that I decided we needed to move him to a big boy bed. At 10 pm at night. Yeah... fun stuff. We set it up but after 30 minutes of him screaming and us doing the "Super Nanny" technique of no talk, back to bed. We decided it was too much for him. We then took his crib apart and took off the front bars - so now he has a toddler bed in his crib. He went down around 11, but was woken up around 12, and got to bed at 2:45 am. It was a LONG night for my sweet hubby. He let me sleep (I know - soooo sweet of him!!).

Tonight was night #2. It was just as bad. He and I went back and forth for over an hour. With Lulu refluxing and screaming as well. That was a LONG hour! Daddy came home and took over from there. Of course after 10 minutes with daddy, he was done and went down. Too bad daddy can't be home at an earlier hour and just do bedtime every night ;-)

Cy has been a very hard child to deal with lately. I think terrible twos is upon us, and with changing him to a toddler bed - he wants paci more (which have been taken away), and is testing EVERYTHING I say! I say "don't push your friend" and he walks up to his friend and puts ONE finger on him. UGH! Timeouts are in full swing. I just need to learn to keep my cool a bit more. It's hard with a toddler misbehaving and a newborn refluxing and exhaustion all at the same time. But I look at this as a perfect time to practice patience ;-)


How can I NOT find strength when I see my 2 children side by side, and Cy loving on her?!

Also something wonderful happened this week! The temps, which have been in the 100's for weeks, fell to 85 degrees!!!!!!!!!! SOOO to celebrate - Cy and I went with some friends to the park, first time in over 6 weeks! Yay! It was so great! Still sweaty ha - but wonderful!

LOVE my moby! Gives me so much freedom to chase Cy around!!

Anywho - I am exhausted but had a great week, full of highlights - both bad and good :-) How was your week?


No comments:

Post a Comment