Fouladi Family

Fouladi Family

Monday, August 29, 2011

Rice Krispie Treats

A few days ago I decided it was a great time for Cy to make Rice Krispie Treats. I try and bake/cook/create something with Cy once a week. While the kitchen looks like a disaster at the end - he LOVES it and now always talks about "stir food" or "hot hot" when I'm cooking. It helps give him a sense of responsibility, helps teach him to aim (dumping 3 cups of flour into a bowl is tough work for a 25 month old!), teaches him patience (Gotta wait for mama to give the next ingredient or to say when to stir), teaches him safety around the kitchen (we are constantly talking about what is hot, what not to touch, ect), and he has so much pride afterwards - I love it! See? Totally worth the absolute mess! ;-)

The mess... thank goodness for a beagle who loves to eat!


He found the marshmallow container :-)


Next... I think we'll make carrot cake :-)

1 comment: