Fouladi Family

Fouladi Family

Monday, August 8, 2011

Poo, Pee, Pardon Me

This week has been full of poos and pees all over the place :-) While talking to my dear mom a few weeks ago, she remembers: "I never had a conversation with a fellow mom that didn't end in some type of conversation over bowel movements of our toddlers/babies" :-) And so it begins in my life - that is all it ends in - lucky for my friends/siblings with no kids, they don't get the same "ending" conversation ;-)

I'm not gonna lie or sugar coat - being a mom of 2 is hard. I've had some things going on in my life too that has probably drained me more than I needed, some of which I am fixing - so that I can have all the energy possible to handle a potty-training toddler, husband in the middle of Back-To-School CRAZINESS, and refluxing newborn. But yeah, it's hard, and each day just proves that it gets harder. First 2 weeks - hard... then came the 3rd and 4th week - even harder. Yikes! Come talk to me on week 10 and 11 ;-) I might be hiding in a closet somewhere at times. While it's hard - it's super fun and gives me so many funny... well, funny to YOU (not to me at the time) stories. That's what being a SAHM is all about right? The stories? HA!

Monday - That was a fun day! I have noticed Cy getting more and more needy... or "into" things, while I feed baby girl. She has to eat every 1 1/2 hours and then be held up for 30 minutes so she doesn't spit it all up, so a lot of my time has been spent on her (yes, take my first posting about schedules - and LAUGH at it... kids NEVER follow schedules - EVER! I am laughing at my own ignorance about that one). So within 5 minutes here is my life: Feed Lu, Cy proceeds to dump and smear juice ALL over the floor. Get Lu put down, clean up Juice and Cy. Sit down again, start feeding (while a sweet, innocent boy looks on... just being quiet and ADORABLE). Moment she is feeding again - I hear dryer open, wet clothes being dumped on the floor and see Cy run into the living room, grab some cars - and hear BANGS into the dryer (cars being thrown into the dryer). Oh dear. Choose my battles... I do not yell or get mad b/c he's not breaking anything.... yet ;-) 2 minutes later - he runs in, plays in his box and I see brown spots - yep, POO! He had a blow out and it was getting EVERYWHERE! Sit sisa down, change screaming Cy while Sisa Lu is also SCREAMING from hungry - all the while I am screaming (only in my head b/c WHAT would the neighbors think if all 3 of us had been screaming?!). Yes - that was a FUN 5 minutes of my life.... FUN FUN FUN ha.

So Thursday, dear Lisa came over to bring lunch, goodies for Lu, and meet Lu. While here, I had to feed Lu. Got up and Lisa noticed that I had poo all on my shirt, pants, boppy, and Lu(I won't talk about how FAST Lisa got up to run to the kitchen and wash her own hands haha) but I proceeded to wash Lu in the sink - getting rid of her blowout which went all the way up her back, to her neck and to her belly button... and let's not even TALK about her legs. Poor thing. After that whole craziness was done - I went to change Cy and who had a blowout? Cy! It was all in his pants, down his thigh - yeah. It was in that moment that potty-training seemed even more magical and dreamy than ever before.

Friday - Had to take both kids to the doctor. Cy for blood work, Lu for check-up with her reflux, to make sure she was gaining weight and get some help/relief for her. 1st off - my sweet chunky monkey gained 1 1/2 pounds in 12 days... she is now 10.6 pounds (oh dear!) - jumping from 70th percentile, to 96th percentile... such a fatty. She will be going on a diet immediately! ;-) Get into the room, I drop my makeup and half of the powder breaks and falls onto the floor. I proceed, in my incredible genius mind - to give Cy the makeup because, well, I already droped it so what's the harm? I say "Here Cy, play with this so I can take care of Lu with the Nurse... just don't drop it like mama did"... what does he do?! DROPS it... the rest of the powder goes EVERYWHERE and then he SITS right in it and starts throwing it around. Ha. The nurse and I both scurry from Lu to grab Cy and clean up the HUGE mess. After appt - we head down for Cy's bloodwork. NOW - let me tell ya, taking a 40 pound 2 year old with a 4 week old hungry newborn to get blood - NOT a good idea. I had to hold Cy, put my legs around his legs and hold him down for the bloodwork (NOT an easy feat - I lost at least 1/2 a pound from all the fighting with the poor guy) - all the while Lu is SCREAMING with Cy, but because the chunky monkey is hungry and not happy about being in the seat. Yes, the 2 nurses, after taking Cy's blood proceed to look at each other and say "I think my one is enough... 2 is just too much... yeah, I'll stick with 1 kid" haha - sorry ladies :-)

This is all within a week. Love my stories?! I do!!! While my heart is getting a workout, from all the stress and chasing of a 2 year old. I am loving every single minute! I am overwhelmed a lot, completely exhausted out of my mind, and longing for quiet time - but I love it! I love my little family, I love the adventure, and I love that I am never, ever, EVER bored ;-) Now to just control the stress and learn to let the "small" things go... I'll be a lot better.

1 comment:

  1. As a mommy of 2 successfully potty trained kids I think this totally IS hilarious! I promise you that it DOES GET EASIER! Well, maybe not easier, but at least they will eventually be out of diapers. ~kaela

    ReplyDelete