Fouladi Family

Fouladi Family

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Those that Wait

The more I am a mom, the more I understand .. well, I better understand, God and how He must feel or how I treat Him sometimes. I also understand our relationship as Daughter and Father. Everyone knows that my relationship with my dad is strained - so this new-found trust in this relationship leaves me yearning for more. To understand more. To know more. Also with the last few months of becoming a mom of 2 and trying to figure out WHO I am as a person and who my friend are, where I stand as a Christian, and a wife.... I want and need His guidance. For I want to be the best person that I can be, the best mom, the best friend, the best wife. And I believe the only way for me to better myself is to grow a stronger relationship with Him.

Anywho - I downloaded a daily Bible verse thing onto my iPod and today's was Isaiah 40:31 "But they that wait (Rely) upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

Wow! Any mom right now, who is exhausted, run down, "at the end of her rope", or had a crazy day with tots or kids going back to school - will understand this "wow" :-) I am told that if I rely on the Lord, that my depleating strength will be renewed. As I read that tonight - I was amazed at the Lord's mercies. If only I will rely or wait on Him. Lean on Him. Go to Him - I will be renewed. And at this moment of time in my life, that is exactly what I need. What a great promise from Him. Leaves me feeling safe and secure, that my FATHER is willing and wanting to give me strength, to help me - if I will only rely on Him. I picture myself standing with Him behind me and FALLING back into Him - with complete trust that He will catch me and hold me. Definately leaves me with a smile for tonight :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment