While driving in the car the other day, Cy was talking to Daddy on the phone. Some mornings when I have a play date and Ash leaves for work, I will make sure to leave at the same time as he does. So that I can have extra hand getting the kids into the car and get going. Also because Cy LOVES driving along side daddy and saying HI!!! through the window :-) Well, I gave him the cellphone and he proceeded the chat to daddy NON-STOP! Listening to his little, sweet, GENIUS (hehe) voice - my heart literally hurt. I love him soooo much! I love him so much, in fact, that my heart hurts when I stop and think about it. I could and would give anything for him! It was then that the song "How He loves us" came to mind (Song). I cannot imagine how much MORE God loves us - it's overwhelming to think about at times.
So Cy kept jabbering to Daddy about books and trains and cars and trees and dogs and and and... He was literally talking to his BEST FRIEND! Every time the phone rings - it has to be Daddy! Cy laughs with Ash, tells Ash EVERYTHING about his day ;-), runs to Ash when he falls and hurts himself. They are best friends and Cy looks up to Ash completely! Again, this is how God wants us to be with Him. To run to him when we need strength, when we fall. To tell him everything and anything - to be open and have a trusting, loving relationship.
Yeah, it's pretty crazy how parenthood has shown me so much more about God and how He feels and how He wants to be with us. Because no one fully understands the love of a MOM or a DAD, other than a MOM or a DAD. The moment you become parents - that love is undeniable and uncontrollable. Gives a great glimpse into how God feels and what He wants from me.
No comments:
Post a Comment