My dear Friend, Christy, is pregnant!!! I've known her for YEARS and she is pregnant! I am so so so so so excited for her! This is also her 2nd - and when I found out this news, I started thinking about ALL the advice I would give to her ;-) So here are a few I'd give :-D
1. Enjoy the birth! The scared factor was out of it for me the 2nd time, so I was able to enjoy and take it all in! I was more picky about what I wanted and stuck to my gun about it all! I enjoyed the whole experience SOOO much more!!
2. GET HELP! I think the hardest time for me has been week 4 through now :-) You get exhausted. The first 2 weeks, Ash was here but also all the visitors come during those 2 weeks. It's when hubby goes back to work and the night feedings really start hitting you, plus taking care of another child during the day - it gets hard. So try and push help back, and ask people to help with kid, bring meals, and come help with chores at week 4 and on.
3. Keep things as normal as possible. When I came home with Lu, I sat on the floor and played with Cy for 30 minutes and let everyone else take care of the baby. This showed Cy that I was still there for him and I think it really helped him not to develop jealousy right away.
4. Talk talk talk! With 2, you get tired and worn out and exhausted and there is no such thing as a nap most days. And the chores get behind and the word "night out" is completely UNKNOWN in your vocabulary. TALK to your friends - find a support group of mama's, it will really help and will keep ya sane ;-)
5. Seriously find time for yourself! I didn't do this the first time, but this time around - I must workout 3-4 times a week, it's my sanity-keeper! So find time for youself and don't feel guilty about it either! :-)
6. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are going to love love love having 2! You will love even MORE when the older one hugs and kisses on the younger one - talk about MELTING the heart! :-) It's amazing and solidifies WHY I put myself in this crazy mess to begin with :-D
Again, so excited for my friend... and for any other friends who are having a baby ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment