Fouladi Family

Fouladi Family

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I was reading a blog last night about positive thinking and how we all need to think positively throughout the day.  A positive thought can turn a day around! Being a mom of 2 has proven to be quite interesting :-) Especially when one of those 2 is extremely hard-headed, stubborn, and smart! Let's see... who is the adult here.  Ha! At times, I have no idea! ;-) I found myself crying to Ash the other night about how "bad" Cy was that day and how I don't know how much more I can take of his attitude.  And Ash snapped back "He's not bad!".  At the moment I got flustered and upset that Ash wasn't understanding. But after reading the blog, I noticed that there are so many other ways I can approach and talk about Cy's "gifts" ;-) Such as: "Cy was bored, so decided to smack baby sisa in the leg" (ha!), or "Cy was so entertained in washing his hands that he decided to poop all down his leg"... While he still needs to be reprimanded and shown the right way, saying that in my head makes it a more "positive" way of looking at the situation. 

Anyway, so I have decided to do Thankful Thursdays! I am going to say 7 things I'm thankful for each Thursday.  These things will change according to the week/day/hour I am having when writing.  Enjoy!

Ok so Today I am Thankful for:

1. MOPS! Mothers of Preschoolers - provides 2 1/2 hours every other week of class/craft/fellowship with other moms while the kids are in Moppets.  Yes, I literally get 5 hours a month of Cy-Free time! Yay!

2. Car washes and free vacuums - ha, guess where I am going after MOPS? :-D Toddler boy + snacks + ride in the car = extremely messy car

3. Swaddle Blankets :-)

4. Cycling Class

5. A husband who did 2 loads of laundry tonight, put away the groceries, and let me go to Hobby Lobby to get stuff so that I can start making Lulu's costume & bows for her :-)

6. 10 pm hour.... an hour of silence - so wonderful!

7. Shrek! - Ha, Cy's favorite movie right now and my sanity during feedings when he is exhausted and waiting for nap time :-)

What are you thankful for today??

1 comment: