So I have been trying to do more crafts with Cy. It's a perfect way for us to have one-on-one time after nap, while Lulu sleeps. He loves doing crafts (or rather making a HUGE mess) and I love the time I spend with him doing something fun and different. I have started making lesson plans for him. I am about to plan out my September now. I plan 3-4 crafts a week from various blogs, and put them in my google calendar, so that I can click on the link and be reminded about how and what we are going to do that particular day. So fun! It also helps because I already have it planned and it takes out the guess work of "what are we gonna do today?"
So today we painted Salt. SOOO fun! I took a black piece of paper, and had Cy put glue all over it - he loved that mama let him play with the glue all by himself :-)
He then got to DUMP salt ALL over the paper - we did this a few times to cover all the glue with salt. This was Cy's favorite part and needless to say, half the salt was on the floor by the end...
Cy then dipped... or rather jabbed, the brush into the water (I put just a tiny bit of water in a dish and 2 drops of food coloring to color the water. I didn't use too much water because let's face it - we are dealing with toddlers here, too much water = a wet floor!) & lightly touched the salt on the paper. We were able to watch the colored water flow down the salt and even mix with other colors
The end result was so cute!
And of course, my goober was eating the entire time :-) Gotta keep up the cheeks and double chin ;-)
I highly recommend this fun craft for any 2 year old crazy kid :-) It was easy, short, but so fun! And not very messy. I am always looking for crafts that will keep Cy's interest and my sanity (i.e - not a huge mess!) and this one was perfect!


No comments:
Post a Comment