Fouladi Family

Fouladi Family

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Freedom...

I'm just gonna say what every mom WANTS to say, but many moms DON'T say ;-) I HAVE NO FREEDOM! Now, warning - this might seem like a "complaining" blog here, but while it sounds like that - I am more just venting, and do NOT feel boggled down by my kiddos. :-) I just think it's super interesting, is all.

So yea, I have zero freedom. As I stood from the couch, covered in spit up on the top half of my shirt; dishwater on the bottom half of my shirt; and mud on my jeans from a day at the park - I laid Lulu down on the couch, turned to DH and asked the question that I ask on a DAILY basis - "Can you please watch her while I go change my clothes?". REALLY?! Seriously?! I have to ASK to change my clothes? I have to ask to go to the restroom? Does DH ask when he goes to change his clothes or is it more of a "Hey, I'm gonna go change real quick". Where was the question, ASKING me to watch the kids while he goes?! That's right! Not there. Nada. ZipZilch. But for me, I have to ask him to watch the kids just so I can do the dishes.

So while walking to the room for the brief 3 minutes of quiet and freedom I get to have - first time since 5 am that morning (it was now 11pm) - it dawned on me just how little freedom I have. My entire WORLD is the kids, I take them everywhere with me - I have to plan my outings around nap times, feeding times, cranky times, traffic times (because seriously - we CANNOT put 2 babies in the car during traffic, it is catastrophic!!!!).

THEN, when DH finally submerges from his long days of work, school, and homework - I have to ask him - "Can you watch them?" It's funny because every morning as DH is walking out the door, He does do the "Hey babe, sexy lady, beautiful thing (hehe) - can you watch the kids while I head off to work?" Why? Because the kids are MY responsibility 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I do not get 2 days off where they are someone elses'
job. I do not get 2 HOURS off where they are someone elses' job. They are mine job/responsibility 24/7. Interesting huh? Moms have NO freedom. We have to ask to do everything because, what comes attached to our hip the moment we got pregnant - are these little monsters. They never leave. They always need. :-)

Ok, so while I have ZERO freedom in my life - I MUST say - I love it! I love having a purpose in life, a job, such GREAT responsibility! These kids' developments are in my hands. I love having 2 wonderful kids to kiss on and love and cuddle with :-) I was simply saying - It just dawned on my that moms literally have no freedom. While that lack of freedom is TOTALLY worth it - we really don't. So there, I said it ;-)

1 comment:

  1. hang in there..only 18 more years until you'll be an "empty nester" ;]

    ps i'm up for a MNO whenever you are!!

    ReplyDelete