I have been thinking for a few weeks now about taking a break from facebook. After talking to my friend who has already cut facebook out of her life, it made it seem more "doable" and helpful! Facebook is very addicting, so it was taking a ton of time away from my life - I am on it all the time. To check status of friends, to update my own status. If I added up all the time I am on facebook, it would equal a lot of time - that I could be crafting with Cy or staring at Lu, writing messages to friends, reading, praying, playing with Cy.
To bring up statuses again :-) After posting a status, I have an expectation of "replies" or "comments". When that doesn't happen - I so immaturely feel hurt. Or if I see someone who means a ton to me and they don't mention the bad day I had a few days before that - it bothers me. So petty. I have more important things to do than worry about who saw what and read what and why they are or are not worried about me. I've had a tough few weeks in some areas of my life but I shouldn't have to put it on facebook to be heard. My friends and family should ask me, as I should ask them!
Facebook takes away the one-on-one communication, I feel, from friendships. Instead of asking someone how their day or week is going, we go to facebook and get the "down low" and then just move on. Never showing concern or care or excitement for them (half the time... the other half, we do by commenting).
Facebook causes drama that is often times not needed. But also, through my statuses, I find that I hurt feelings - something I never want to do. I appear ungrateful or sad or upset or ignorant or rude or stubborn - ha, I could go on. I never want to appear that way or hurt anyone! So therefore, taking away the status ability - I am forced to deal with my feelings and talk one-on-one to my friends :-)
I hope you will follow me on here, I will keep everything posted on here - as far as the kid's growth, what's going on in our lives, and fun adventures we have :-) A lot is changing in the Fouladi household and I am super excited for it all!!!
Much love to all my dear friends! Please follow me on here and send me an email! I want to stay in touch as much as possible - as you all mean the world to me!
you better start texting me more then!
ReplyDeleteGood for you girlie! I read an article a few months ago titled "facebook makes us miserable." I'm so close to deleting my account after some recent drama myself. Why does it have to lead to complications? Best of luck in your FB fast :)
ReplyDeletehttp://challi.he253.vps.webenabled.net/christian-living/facebook-makes-us-miserable
So I have to tell you I am now a follower of your blog! I enjoy reading each and every time you write, whether it's on Facebook, or here, and since those options are down to one, I had to, lol! I think what you are doing is great, in your life, and recently with your decision to cut out Facebook--
ReplyDeleteI know all to well how addicting it can be!! And, since you won't be on there anymore to see my (rare, lol) updates, I wanted to let you know about one that I will soon be posting......I'm pregnant!! My due date is March 12! So just another reason I like to read your blog, although Jacob is quite a bit older than Cy, it gives me a little insight to what life with 2 children will be like!! I know we don't talk all that much, but I'm glad we still keep in touch! :-)